Craiglinnhe is ideally situated for exploring the West Highlands of Scotland. In a day’s drive you may visit many different places, including Loch Ness, Mull, Skye and the beauty and splendour of Glencoe. Ardgour and the west coast is on our doorstep.
- Glencoe Village (4 miles)
- Oban (26 miles)
- Staffa (Fingal’s Cave), Iona and Mull tour) tour from Oban
- Oban Distillery
- Fort William (14 miles)
Those with an interest in walking are very well placed. You can ‘bag’ two Munros direct from Craiglinnhe.
Recommendations for dinner
Craiglinnhe House does not offer dinner but we are lucky enough to be surrounded by good quality restaurants and pubs just a short drive away. We are always happy to give recommendations and help with reservations:
• The Holly Tree Hotel bar and restaurant is within walking distance or a short 2 minute drive.
• The Loch Leven hotel bar and restaurant is approximately two miles away
• Loch Leven Seafood Cafe (seasonal opening) approximately 6 miles away
• The Laroch in Ballachulish village
• Clachaig Inn at Glencoe is a 15 minute drive away.
Ballachulish Visitor Centre
Tourist Information Gift Shop and Cafe, local information on activities, walks, drives etc. Bus pick up/drop off for Fort William to Glasgow. A great selection of gifts, delicious snacks and wonderful freshly ground coffee. Internet Access. Slate Heritage Trail
National Trust Scotland Glencoe Visitor Centre
Glencoe offers a dramatic backdrop for climbing and walking and the centre offers information, guided events, cafe, shop and an exhibition
Also known as Castle Arrgghh of Monty Python’s Holy Grail fame, Castle Stalker is a beautiful castle situated just 10 miles from Craiglinnhe House. Enjoy a coffee or lunch at the appropriately named Castle View Restaurant or visit the lochside near the Old Inn for excellent photographic opportunities.